'CANDLELIGHTS' PRAYER, SUPPORT & FRIENDSHIP COMMUNITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
'CANDLELIGHTS' PRAYER, SUPPORT & FRIENDSHIP COMMUNITY

CARE & SHARE THROUGH THOUGHT & PRAYER.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
MEMBERS IN NEED OF THOUGHTS & PRAYERS

Latest topics
» LAST POSTER WINS
Depression linked to Alzheimer's Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 7:44 am by ichthus

» School bans girls from cancer jab
Depression linked to Alzheimer's Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:29 pm by RoseCandle

» Remembrance - 9/11
Depression linked to Alzheimer's Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:14 am by RoseCandle

» Pollution 'hinders heart pacing'
Depression linked to Alzheimer's Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:09 pm by RoseCandle

» Antibiotic resistance rise fears
Depression linked to Alzheimer's Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:07 pm by RoseCandle

» Infections linked to cot deaths
Depression linked to Alzheimer's Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:05 pm by RoseCandle

» Hospitals 'fail homeless people'
Depression linked to Alzheimer's Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:59 pm by RoseCandle

» Powerful earthquakes strike Asia
Depression linked to Alzheimer's Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:52 pm by RoseCandle

» Robo-skeleton lets paralysed walk
Depression linked to Alzheimer's Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 6:11 am by RoseCandle

» Hurricane Gustav slams Haiti
Depression linked to Alzheimer's Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:59 pm by RoseCandle

OUR FRIENDS & PARTNERS
Australia DownUnder

COURTESY LINK EXCHANGES
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of 'CANDLELIGHTS' PRAYER, SUPPORT & FRIENDSHIP COMMUNITY on your social bookmarking website
Forum

Depression linked to Alzheimer's

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Founder
Founder
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Depression linked to Alzheimer's Empty
PostSubject: Depression linked to Alzheimer's   Depression linked to Alzheimer's Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 4:26 am

People who have had depression may be more prone to Alzheimer's disease, two studies suggest.
Dutch researchers found Alzheimer's was 2.5 times more likely in people with a history of depression. Similarly, US researchers, examining Catholic clergy, found those with signs of depression were more likely to go on to develop Alzheimer's.

The Dutch appears in the journal Neurology and the US study in Archives of General Psychiatry.

The Dutch study was small - 486 people over an average of six years, with just 33 people developing Alzheimer's.
But it found that people who showed signs of depression before the age of 60 were four times more likely to develop Alzheimer's.

Full Story -
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7334298.stm
Back to top Go down
Maggie
Founder Member
Founder Member
Maggie

Female
Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Depression linked to Alzheimer's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depression linked to Alzheimer's   Depression linked to Alzheimer's Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 5:52 am

Oh my goodness I had better straighten up Laughing Rolling Eyes
Depression.........yes I get depressed now and again but I think everyone does in this day and age.

With all the doom and gloom around the place is it any wonder, but I must take check of myself before I end up with alzheimers. Rolling Eyes Shocked
Back to top Go down

Depression linked to Alzheimer's
Page 1 of 1