Some cases of cot death may be due to a bacterial infection, researchers say.
The Archives of Disease in Childhood study found samples from babies who had died for no apparent reason often carried potentially-harmful bacteria.
Some experts believe toxins produced by these bacteria could trigger a chemical storm, which overwhelms the baby, resulting in sudden death.
There are around 250 sudden infant deaths a year in the UK. The majority are never fully explained.
May God's Blessing be with you all today.